An experienced mechanical machine design engineer with experience in designing medium- to large-scale automated machinery and support equipment for global plastics markets. The company manufactures only proprietary products. The candidate will work with a team of designers and will need to be a hands-on lead designer. Tasks include creating new machine designs, supporting existing designs, generating assembly and detail drawings, sizing and selecting components, creating Bills of Materials using 3-D design software. Ideal candidates will also have knowledge in the following:
- Designing complete industrial machines and equipment systems from cradle to grave.
- Performing structural load and stress calculations for new and existing designs.
- Sizing mechanical power train components like gearboxes, motors, bearings, etc for new and improved applications.
- 3-D mechanical design software packages. Solid Works is a plus.
- Visual Manufacturing software.
This position will be responsible for:
- Designing new products.
- Improving existing products through VAVE efforts to reduce overall cost and improve performance.
- Providing technical leadership and engineering support within the department and throughout the company.
- Acting as liaison between engineering department and factory floor.
- Coordinating mechanical design requirements with electrical engineers and software engineers
- Being technical support to customers as required.
- Supporting to the Sales Department in creating concept drawings to customers for new applications.
- Working closely with vendors in the selection of components and equipment.
Salaried full-time, permanent position
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive salary and benefits that include paid vacation, 401K plan, medical, life and disability insurance.
Please submit resume in .pdf format via email to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line
or by mail to:
Attn. Human Resources Department
FERRY INDUSTRIES, INC.
4445 Allen Road
Stow, OH 44224